Scott D. Samansky
Scott is an accomplished trial attorney and appellate advocate who has tried many cases in the field of insurance defense and general liability litigation. He has a diverse range of defense experience including professional malpractice, workers compensation and all general liability matters.
Scott served as law clerk to the Honorable Francis M. Cocchia, J.S.C., retired, in the Superior Court of New Jersey, EssexCounty. Following his clerkship, Scott entered private practice as a trial attorney for the insureds of various general liability and worker’s compensation insurance carriers. Today, Scott is trial counsel for self-insured companies, third-party administrators and insurance carriers. His extensive litigation experience includes various areas of the law throughout the State and Federal Courts of New Jersey. Scott is trial counsel to large retail and distribution companies, including national supermarkets, as well as property owners.
Scott successfully argued the case of Sciarrotta, et al. v. East Coast Hockey League, et al. before the Supreme Court of New Jersey ruling that warnings or precautions are not necessary if outside the zone of danger at a sporting event.
Scott is an elected member of the Springfield Township Board of Education. He is also an appointed member of the Springfield Recreation Committee.
- Premises Liability
- Automobile/Transportation Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Dram Shop/Social Host Liability
- General Liability
- Amusements, Sports and Entertainment
- Appellate Practice
Admitted to Practice:
- State of New Jersey -1989
- District of Columbia – 1992
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Bachelor of Arts, Dickinson College – 1983
- Juris Doctor, University of Baltimore Law School – 1989
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Elected member of Springfield Board of Education.
- Director of Umpires, Springfield Junior Baseball League.
- Former coach for youth baseball, soccer and basketball teams.
- Member of the JonathanDaytonHigh School baseball and ice hockey parents’ organizations.
Scott D. Samansky
- New Jersey: 973-560-9000
- Fax: 973-560-0060